Take Back Your “PEACE”!
We’ve looked at so far in my previous blog post 3 aspects (1. Yourself, 2. Life and 3. Peace) I had to take back or reclaim to heal as a survivor of domestic violence. In this blog post, I will look at aspect #3 “PEACE” that I had to take back as apart of my blog “Take Back “YOURSELF’! blog series.
8. Personal Space
PEACE WHAT DOES IT MEAN
Peace – the word peace is defined in Webster New Collegiate Dictionary as a state of tranquility or quiet; freedom from civil disturbance; a state of security or order within a community provided by law or custom; freedom from disquieting or oppression thoughts or emotions; harmony in personal relations; a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity; and use interjectionally as a command or request in silence or clam or as a greeting or farewell.
WHO VICTIMS AND SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE GIVE AWAY THEIR “PEACE ” TO
Victims and survivors of domestic violence may give away their peace to a significant other or spouse.
HOW VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE GIVE AWAY THEIR “PEACE”
Victims and survivors of domestic violence may give away their peace by allowing the abuser to disrupt their personal space with arguments, profanity, yelling, screaming, and hollering. Victims and survivors of domestic violence maybe awaken up out of their sleep at night by the abuser wanting to fuss and fight for no apparent reason but to disturb the victims and survivors of domestic violence peace of mind. The abuser may stalk victims and survivors of domestic violence during all times of the day and night showing at their job, place of worship, children school, parks, playground, grocery store, home, and the homes of extended family and friends causing peace to be taken away from the victim and survivor of dv. Here a domestic violence fact from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) and the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey 2010 Survey Report (2011) 1 and 7 women and 1 in 18 men have stalked. Stalking is a tactic to instill the target to fear, she/he/they or someone close to him/her/them will be harmed or killed. Stalking should be taken seriously by victims and survivors of domestic violence and stalking should be reported immediately by the victim and survivor of dv to their local police.
WHY VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE GIVE AWAY THEIR “PEACE”
Victims and survivors of domestic violence may give away their peace due to a number of reasons such as fear; intimidation; low self-esteem; lack of financial resources; homelessness; no transportation; lack of education; a disability; an illness; mental illness, no supportive extended family; no relationship with God, lack of bible based worship church home, lack of friends; no driver license or an inability to drive; lack of life skills/survival skill sets; desire to be loved and cared; desire to have a family and children; and for the sake of the children a dv victim or survivor my rationalize in their mind a two-parent home in a good neighborhood, good school district, etc. with worth their and the children peace of mind being taken by the abuser.
WHEN DID VICTIMS AND SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE GIVE AWARY THEIR “PEACE”
Victims and survivors of domestic violence give away their peace the moment they allow themselves to continue to be abused by their abuser with no consequences. The abuser must have consequences for their actions of abusing their significant other or their spouse. Consequences can come in the form of 1. jail; 2. anger management counseling; 3. court ordered protective order from the court the dv victim and survivor obtains; 4. legal separation; 5. divorce; 6. paying the medical bills of the person the abuser abused; 7. lost of wages; 8. paying child support; 9. paying court courts\fees\and fines; and 10. a peace bond issued by the court.
31 BIBLE SCRIPTURES TO READ TO TAKE BACK YOUR “PEACE’!
1. Colossians 3:15 – Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace and be thankful.
2. Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
3. Hebrew 12:14 – Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the LORD.
4. 1 Peter 3:11 – They must turn from evil and do good! They must seek peace and pursue it.
5. James 3:18 – Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
6. Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
7. Proverbs 12:20 – Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.
8. Proverbs 16:7 – When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them.
9. Psalm 29:11 – The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
10. Romans 12:18 – If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
11. Romans 14:19 – Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
12. Psalm 34:14 – Turn from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
13. Matthew 10: 34-36 – Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
14. I Peter 3:9-11 – Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, “whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good, they must seek peace and pursue it.
15. Psalm 37:37 – Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seeks peace.
16. Psalm 85:8 – I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants but let them not turn to folly.
17. Romans 12:17-21 – Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay”, says the LORD. On the contrary; “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head”. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
18. Psalm 119:165 – Great peace have those who love your law; and nothing can make them stumble.
19. Isaiah 9:6 – For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
20. Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace those who minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
21. Isaiah 26:12 – LORD, you establishes peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
22. Isaiah 54:10 – Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the LORD, who was has compassion on you.
23.Isaiah 55:12 – You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace, the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
24. James 2:16 – If one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
25. John 16:33 – I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
26. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace. I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
27. Romans 14:17-19 – For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval. Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
28. I Corinthians 14:33 – For God is not a God of disorder but of peace – as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
29. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now may the LORD of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The LORD be with all of you.
30. Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
31. Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation; by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I want to share this prayer I discovered during my devotion time that has helped me as survivor of domestic violence take back my peace. This is a heart murmur prayer entitled “A Prayer for Peace of Mind.”. Please read this prayer and meditate on it daily as you go through as a victim and survivor of domestic violence the process of taking back you peace. Sometimes we need the supernatural holy ghost power that only the Lord can give us to make the courageous, bold and positive changes we need as we take back of peace from the grips of abuse due to domestic violence. Be safe. Be good to yourself. Peace and blessings to you all.
A PRAYER FOR PEACE OF MIND
Almighty God, I bless you for my life. I give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace I receive. I thank you for your faithfulness even though I am not that faithful to you. LORD, Jesus, I ask you to give me all around peace in my mind, body, soul, and spirit. I want you to heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in my life. Please guide my path through life and make my enemies be at peace with me. Let your peace reign in my family, at my place of work, businesses and everything I lay my hands on. Let your angels of peace go ahead of me when I go out and stay by my side when I return. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.
Thanks for reading my blog post. I hope that you come back for more next time. Feel free to like, share, and leave comments. #purplevision #empower #survive #honor #stopdomesticviolence