Nominees Are…For The Sunshine Blogger Award
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
On February 20, 2018, my blog http://www.purplevision.org/blog/ was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by LaWann A. Moses, Mocha Masterpiece (Creating Unique Plans For Success) www.mochamatterpiece.com. LaWann was nominated by a fellow blogger and chose me as one of her nominees. Thank you LaWann A. Moses for nominating me. I am honored and grateful for this recognition from one of my peers.
LaWann started her blog Mocha Masterpiece http://www.mochamasterpiece.com/blog/ to empower women to create unique plans for success and make self-care priority. LaWann says too often as women, we are trying to conform, fit in, and take care of everyone else that we forget what we like, love, and want out of life. LaWann blog to remind women that you can pursue your dreams, put yourself first, live the life you desire while still being a great wife, mom, girlfriend, daughter, sister, aunt or whatever.
LaWann wrote a awesome how to blogj”10 Ways To Take Better Care of Yourself Now”. Make sure you read it by clicking the link here http://www.mochamasterpiece.com/blog/
Thank you LaWann. I appreciate you nominating me.
WHAT IS A SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
Well, I am glad you ask that question that frees me up to give you an answer. I asked myself that same question when I learned I was nominated. So, I did my researched by goggling the following question “What is a Sunshine Blogger Award?” Here what I found. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bringing sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers through their blogs. A person is nominated or chosen by fellow bloggers for this award.
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The rules are simple.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your post.
Now, here are my answers to 11 questions I was given to answer.
1. What is essential to start your day?
Pray and saying my positive affirmations are essential to start my day.
2. What chore do you dislike?
The chore that I dislike is folding up clothes.
3. How long have you been a blogger?
I launched my blog on October 20, 2017. I have been a blogger for little over 5 months.
4. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
5. What is your dream vacation destination spot?
My dream vacation destination spot is to visit Paris, France.
6. How long have you been a blogger?
I launched my blog on October 20, 2017. I have been a blogger for little over 5 months
7. What is the story behind your blog name?
The story behind my blog name is that I want to give back play it forward and help other women who are victims and survivors of domestic violence based how other had helped me as victim and survivor of domestic violence. So, I decided in 2015. I want to start my own business/foundation. In October 2015, God spoke to me a via dream and give me the name Purple Vision to name my business/foundation. On October 20, 2017, I launched my Purple Vision blog and my Purple Vision website.
8. What advice would you give new bloggers?
The advice I would give new bloggers is to pray about what the mission and vision of your blog will be and be transparent with your blogging content because you never know how your blog can serve and bless those who read it.
9. If you could travel back in time and give your younger self a word of advice or message, what would it be?
My word of advice to my younger self would be to love myself more unconditionally, be more patience with myself, heed God warning signs, listen and wait on God.
10. What is the biggest lesson you learned from blogging?
The biggest lesson of learning about blogging is to be my transparent authentic self.
11. What is the title of the current chapter of your life?
The title of the current chapter of my life is called “All things NEW”.
I blog to help empower, encourage, and educate woman who are victims and survivors of domestic violence and honor the memory of women who have lost their life due to domestic violence.
Done! Those are the 11 questions I had to answer.
Now it time for you all to answer your 11 questions.
And the nominees are…
Here are the 11 wonderful bloggers (in no particular order) that I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please visit their blogs and support them by sharing, liking, commenting, and/or subscribing.
1. Angela Hayden – The Crown Adjustment Project Blog http://www.thecrownadjustmentproject.com/blog/
Angela Hayden started the Crown Adjustment Project after recognizing that her own “crown” of self worth needed some serious readjusting. Now, with an adjusted crown, she is fulfilling her purpose by courageously sharing her authentic self and adjustment process with other women, so they can restore their worth, wealth and relationships.
2. Amani Richardson – Amani Richardson Blog https://amanirakeia.com/blog-1/
Amani Richardson blog is a space for black women to unravel the depths of self and the beauty of all things natural twenties and becoming.
3. Sherkica Miller-McIntyre -Divas doing… Real Estate Consulting Divas Blog https://divasdoingrealestate.com/divas-blog
Divas doing…Real Estate Consulting desires to bridge the gap by empowering women to reach for their real estate goals, providing educational enrichment, personal empowerment, consistent encouragement and accountability partnership.
4. Nurah Zaheerah Muhammad – Enlightening, Empowering, and Engaging E3 for Young Women and Girls Nurah Writes Blog Page http://www.nurahzaheerah..com/blog
E3 was developed to tackle the feelings, of inadequacy, diminished confidence and low self-esteem often impacting our Young Women and Girls and the counterproductive behaviors which often result. E3 is delivered via keynote or multi-Day workshops. Attendees depart enlightened of their value, empowered to utilize their skills and gifts and better able to engage with peers, schools, community and employment in a confident manner. Altogether, E3 is a personal development, gang abatement, violence and substance abuse prevention program. If E3 aligns with your community, school, organizations, or club please contact Nurah@NurahZaheerah.com
5. Gwen my dear Lavender – Lavender & Sage Connections (Living Your Best Life with NO REGRETS! http://www.gwenlavender.com/blog/
Lavender & Sage Connections is Gwen Lavender who is all about helping SAGE (Sisters Aging Gracefully and Elegantly). Lavender & Sage help matiring women, over 50 accomplish things they’ve always wanted to do so that they can live their bests lives with no regrets. LAVENDER AND SAGE CONNECTIONS helps you to move from where you are to where God wants you to be.
6. Dr. Aimy Steele – Reach Consulting (Helping Students Reach Higher) http://reachconsulting.co
REACH Consulting show students 9-12 how to avoid the pitfall to going to college. REACH Consulting helps maximize student’s 9-12 school experience by engaging in purposeful activities to prepare him or her for college.
7.Seneca Williams, LMHC https://www.senecawilliams.com/blog/
Seneca Williams is a therapist, career coach, Radio/TV Host of Career Therapy with Seneca Williams. She support professional women overcome life challenges turn their negative emotions to positive to achieve happiness in their lifestyle and career goals.
8. Will – Black Introvert Chronicles http://www.blackintrovertchronicles.com
The life of an introverted black man in an extroverted white world.
9. Fightress Aaron – Beautiful Black and Bipolar http://www.beautifulblackandbipolar.com/blog/
Fightress Aaron is the founder of the Beautiful Black & Bipolar blog and brand. She was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, General Anxiety Disorder, and ADHD in fall of 2013. In 2017 after 4 years of struggling in her marriage, job, and managing motherhood on top of her other duties, she decided that she would no longer hide her mental illness and suffer in darkness and silence. So, she created the blog to share her story and journey as a mother, wife, and entrepreneur who lives with mental illness. Fightress hopes that through sharing her story, those who are still suffering in silence, will find comfort in her words ad gain the courage to seek the help they need.
10. Kimberly Inez Mays – Foolishly Creative Web Design & Branding for Mission Driven Businesses https://foolishlycreative.com/blog/
Foolishly Creative was created by Kimberly Inez Mays to specialize in web development and branding for entrepreneurs and small business.
11. Brigitte Barrow – BJB Youth Training Services http://brigittebarrow.com/category/blog/
Brigitte Jeneen Barrow is the “young-at-heart” workshop leader, trainer, speaker and creator of BJB Youth Training Services/Consulting, providing life skills training workshops in both personal and professional development and leadership, serving organizations who need help reaching their goals of educating, empowering and enhancing the lives of girls, young women and aging out foster youth so that their youth members have the necessary information, tools and strategies to succeed in key areas of their lives.
All of these ladies and gentleman are successful entrepreneurs in their own profession who have developed and executed their own plans of success.
Nominees: Please see the rules above. After you compose you blog post and answer the 11 questions, please come back to this post and comment with URL for your post. Also. Also, feel free to share any thoughts about this experience.
Here are the 11 questions for you to answer.
- What is your theme word for 2018?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who are your mentors?
- If you were producing a movie based on your life, which actress or actor would you chose to play you?
- What is your favorite scripture in the bible?
- Tell me something about yourself?
- What is the title of the last blog post you published?
- Who is your favorite author?
- How do you practice self-care?
- What are your high school mascot and college mascot?
- List 5 things on your bucket list?
Be sure to review the rules before writing your post.
Enjoy ladies and gentlemen! Time for you to nominate 11 other deserving bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
Again, I am honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and even more, honored to nominate other phenomenal bloggers.
Great job ladies and gentlemen. Wishing all of us the best in our future entrepreneurial endeavors.
Peace and Blessings to you and your families.
Until next time,
Rekitta Peters, Owner/Founder, Purple Vision Blog