ANNUAL REVIEW GUIDE 2019/PREVIEW GUIDE 2020 FOR VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 EVERYBODY!
As domestic violence victims/survivors approach the end of the year (2019), it is the perfect time to reflect on this year (2019) as well as set intentions, goals, commitments and New Year’s Resolutions for what you want next year (2020).
This is a guide to the Annual Review 2019/Preview 2020 we are doing this year in the Purple Vision Blog community to reflect back on this year (2019) and plan ahead for an extraordinary 2020. One of my mentors/ business coaches encourage me to complete this review / preview in order to do a self evaluation of my life currently and set for myself goals for the coming year of how I want to see my life in the future. I found completing my annual review / preview each year as s survivor of domestic violence to be a powerful tool for my own healing as a dv survivor, my own productivity and growth in both my personal and professional life. So, now I’m passing my version of the process onto you!
Now, you are probably asking yourself as a domestic violence victim and survivor the following questions.
- What materials/supplies will I need to complete my “2019 Annual Review Guide” and my “2020 Annual Preview Guide”?
- What does “review” mean?
- How can I “review” my life in “2019”?
- What does “preview” mean?
- How can I “preview” my life for “2020”?
Well, I am glad you asked me these questions that frees me up to give you the answers.
MATERIALS/SUPPLIES NEEDED TO COMPLETE YOUR 2019 ANNUAL REVIEW GUIDE AND 2020 ANNUAL PREVIEW GUIDE
- A BLOCK OF QUIET TIME (AT LEAST 2 HOURS)
- YOUR FAVORITE JOURNAL OR NOTEBOOK
- YOUR FAVORITE PEN
- OPTIONAL: A LAPTOP AND A BLANK WORD DOCUMENT, IN YOU PREFER TO TYPE
- OPTIONAL: A SCENT CANDLE OR INCENSE TO LIGHT AND BRING POSITIVE ENERGY TO THE ROOM
Review is defined, in Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary, as an act of inspecting or examining; a critical evaluation; and a retrospective view or survey (as of one’s life); to view or see again; to examine or study again; to re-examine; to look back on; take a retrospective view; and to write reviews.
As you write/journal your 2019 Annual Review, I encourage you to examine your life and all that happen to you in 2019 from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. Be honest with yourself as you journal in your 2019 Review Guide journal/notebook. Critically evaluate your life as it in 2019. Look back on all the good memories, bad memories, challenges, victories, defeats, disappointments, happy times, sad times, celebratory times, goals accomplished, dream that came true, etc. you experienced in 2019.Take a retrospective view and write your 2019 Review using these 10 journaling prompt questions divided into 2 sections.
REVIEW 2019: REFLECT ON THE PAST YEAR (2019)
WHAT I WANT TO LEAVE BEHIND IN 2019 AS I ENTER 2020?
- What goal did I make the least progress on this year (2019)?
- What was the biggest mistake I made this year (2019)? What did I learn from it?
- What was the #1 challenge I had to face this year in 2019? How did it affect me?
- If could wave a magic wand and change one (1) thing that happened this year (2019), what would it be?
- What do I want to STOP doing in 2020?
WHAT I WANT TO REMEMBER ABOUT 2019?
- What goal am I most proud of achieving this year in 2019?
- What was the most valuable lesson I learned this year in 2019?
- What was the best book(s), song(s), movie(s) and restaurant(s) I discovered this year in 2019?
- What was the best places I visited this year in 2019?
- What was my favorite experience or memory from 2019?
Preview is defined in Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary, to see beforehand; to view or to show in advance of public presentations; to give a preliminary survey of; a statement giving advance information; and foretaste.
To all domestic violence victims and survivors, I challenge you as you write/journal your 2020 Annual Preview of how you envision your life to dream big, think outside of box, and set higher standard for your life and/or your family life. For example, if you envision your life in 2020 not being abused physically, emotionally, financially, mentally and spiritually, write it down in your 2020 Preview Guide journal/notebook. If your envision your getting your own place to live (apartment, condo, single family home, SRO (Single Room Occupancy), etc.) write it down in your 2020 Preview Guide journal/notebook. You may see yourself going back to school to complete your GED, college degree, or getting additional certifications. Visually you see yourself saving money for down payment on a new car or purchase your very first home. These are goals you want journal/write down in your 2020 Preview Guide. Where ever you see yourself going from as victim to a survivor of domestic violence write it down in your 2020 Preview Guide journal/notebook. Use these 10 journal prompt questions under what I want to bring into my life in 2020 to complete your 2020 Annual Preview Guide.
PREVIEW 2020: ENVISION A NEW REALITY FOR YOUR LIFE
WHAT I WANT TO BRING TO INTO MY LIFE IN 2020
- What do I want to say YES to in 2020?
- Who do I want to attract into my life in 2020?
- What new experiences do I want to have in 2020?
- What new places do I want to visit in 2020?
- What do I want to cross off my bucket list in 2020.
Thank you for reading my blog post. I hope that you come back for more next time. Feel free to like, share and leave comments. #purplevision #empower #survive #honor #stopdomesticviolence